Are you planning to start a truck business in the Netherlands? Is your transport company in the UK affected by Brexit? Take advantage of the opportunities in one of Europe’s most advanced logistics infrastructures and get great returns on your investment.
The Netherlands has one of the largest and most advanced road transportation systems in Europe, if not the world. Its central location also makes it an ideal place to start a truck company in the Netherlands. What’s more, the Dutch government is committed to making the country ever more accessible to road transportation.
Road transportation in the Netherlands is governed by the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management.
Bolder Launch’s consultants are experts in business development in the Netherlands and they can help you start a Dutch truck business to take advantage of all the opportunities in the logistics sector. Call one of our consultants now!
Special regulations for truck companies:
When you start a truck business in the Netherlands, there are a set of special regulations that need to be complied with. These include:
- The Netherlands is part of the Convention on International Transport of Goods Under Cover of TIR Carnets (TIR Convention). The TIR Convention makes it easier to transport goods across borders.
- Each driver must be in possession of a TIR permit (carnet) and must follow TIR procedures.
- All goods transported from the Netherlands must be insured by a Dutch company.
- The Dutch Customs Authorities must approve all goods transmitted cross-border.
- Certain goods require special licenses to transport.
- According to TIR regulations, all cargo must be in sealed containers or vehicles.
- TIR plates must be always displayed on trucks.
- All vehicles must be fit to be used on the road and drivers must have the correct type of license to operate a specific class of vehicle, such as a Euro and/or ECMT license.
NOTE: The formation of the EU single market (no fixed border crossing checkpoints) has made the TIR procedure unnecessary for goods transported within the EU. However, TIR procedures are still followed when travelling to member states outside of the EU.
Not sure about the correct procedure or the type of licenses to apply for? At Bolder Launch, we specialise in the legalities of starting a truck company in the Netherlands. We can also help you apply for the correct type of license for the correct type of Dutch truck company. Call one of our expert consultants now!
How do I set up a truck company in the Netherlands
- The first thing you have to do when starting a Dutch business is to register a Dutch company with the Dutch Trade Register, which must include the mandatory NACE (Nomenclature of Economic Activities) number. For a truck business, the numbers are as follows (the group and class number will depend on the type of operation):
Section H; Division 49; Group 49.4; Class 49.41, 49.42.
- Once you have registered your Dutch truck business, you have to apply for appropriate transport licenses from the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management.
- Finally, since the Netherlands is part of the TIR convention, all trucks must comply with the TIR conventions and regulations.
Our company formation experts are knowledgeable about the process of starting a truck company in the Netherlands, including what licenses to apply for, what regulations to comply with, and everything else you need to get your trucks on the road. Call us now to discuss how we can help you make this process simple and easy.
Why choose Bolder launch to help you to start a truck business in the Netherlands?
- Bolder Launch has helped dozens of people set up a truck business in the Netherlands.
- Our agents have a lot of experience with the process of incorporating a company, including starting a Dutch BV, and they know the legal ins and outs of starting a truck business in the Netherlands.
- We can connect you to the relevant authorities and regulatory bodies.
- We can provide you with well-laid-out business development services. Bolder Launch agents can help you draw up an effective business plan so you can start a Dutch company and get your truck business going as quickly as possible.
- We can also help you secure funding for your truck business.
- Since Bolder Launch is a Dutch company, we are experts in the Dutch transport market. We can guide you to set up a business, such as a Dutch BV, in the Netherlands swiftly and easily. This makes us the ideal local business partner for your truck business in the Netherlands.
- When you start a truck business in the Netherlands, you are going to need skilled employees. We can connect you to top recruitment agencies to ensure that you get the right talent for your business.
Are you ready to start a truck business in the Netherlands, but you’re not sure whether the Dutch market is the right one? Or are you considering starting a truck business in other EU countries, like France or Austria? Feel free to schedule a free consultation with one of our Dutch business development agents to discuss why the transport sector in the Netherlands is the perfect place to start a Dutch company.
We can help you determine your business proposition, as well as the transport services you aim to provide and give input and expert guidance on how to present this to the Dutch market.