From a legal point of view, the Dutch NV looks very much like the Dutch BV, and they have to consider many of the same Company Law stipulations. Both entities require the involvement of a notary to get incorporated, after which the entity will be registered at the Chamber of Commerce.
Quick facts on the Dutch NV
- A Dutch N.V. has a public status, which means that shares can be transferred freely, without approval of the co-shareholders
- No local director or shareholder is required to incorporate the N.V.
- The N.V. can issue a variety of share classes
- THe N.V is the ideal form of entity to establish a (tax exempt) investment fund
- The shares (along with voting rights) must be issued to an individual or a legal entity.
- It is possible to appoint non-resident individuals or corporate entities as a director or shareholder, which makes the Dutch N.V. a practical legal form
- Shareholders of a Dutch N.V. are not personally liable for losses of the company in excess of the amount which must be paid into shares.
We explore more on how to start a business in the Netherlands in this Launch Guide.
When you work with Bolder Launch to start your Dutch NV, we will carefully review your situation and make sure you get personalised advice on your corporate structure that suits your needs. Here are FIVE SIMPLE STEPS to set up your Dutch NV today with Bolder Launch.
We provide you fixed fees, and a clear procedure in 5 simple steps.
Step 1. Schedule a Free Consult
Would you like to set up a Dutch NV? Discuss your plans to enter the Dutch market and consider the best corporate structure with our experts during a start-up consult.
Step 2. Complete our (online) order form
Fill out our online order form here, so we know how we can help you better in setting up a NV.
Step 3. Complete the onboarding process
To start our services, we must receive your passport copy, proof of address, and preferably information on your CV or current business website.
Step 4. Sign the formation deed
Our notary will take several days to draft the Formation Deed (statutes), which must be signed by all shareholders. This can be done remotely.
Step 5. The NV is incorporated
Congratulations! Your business is now ready to launch its products and services in the Dutch market! Our business developers are ready to assist you in your needs.