The Dutch workforce is extremely diverse and highly qualified; their expertise is sought out by cutting-edge companies to help them grow their business. One of the best ways to build a successful business is to attract and employ the best, most talented people.
Recruitment companies offer specialised services that provide the perfect fit between businesses looking for talent, and people looking for employment. As the Dutch economy grows, the Netherlands is becoming an attractive location for international businesses and a venue for an increasing pool of exceptional talent. These recruitment services are becoming invaluable to businesses and job seekers alike.
How to set up a recruitment firm in the Netherlands
i) The first step in starting a business in the Netherlands (whether a recruitment firm or others) is to choose the type of company that will best suit the needs and goals of its owners and/or shareholders:
- One of the most popular types of companies among entrepreneurs is the Dutch BV (Besloten Vennootschap) or Private Limited Company. This is because a Dutch BV requires no minimum capital deposit, a minimum of only one shareholder and its liabilities are only tied to the deposited capital.
- Foreign investors have the option of simply opening a subsidiary or branch.
ii) Before starting a business in the Netherlands, you have to register a company with the Dutch Trade Register, including the mandatory NACE (Nomenclature of Economic Activities) number. For a recruitment company, the number is as follows:
Section N; Division 78; Group 78.1 – 78.3; Class 78.10, 78.20, 78.30.
iii) No license is required to set up or operate a recruitment firm in the Netherlands unless you would like to provide employment services for the Dutch government.
Why open a recruitment company in the Netherlands?
- The Netherlands has the most competitive workforce in Europe, while it ranks 4th in the world.
- Many of the world’s top international companies are choosing the Netherlands to base their global operations. Examples of such are the sporting goods giants, Nike and Adidas.
- The Dutch unemployment rate is extremely low, signifying that almost all of its 11 million working-age population are employed and in demand.
- Recruitment companies help pair companies with the right talent. Correspondingly, they also match job seekers with companies that are the right fit. In other words, recruitment companies make it easier for companies to find the right people and individuals to find the perfect employment.
Recruitment companies in the Netherlands help both large and small businesses.
Are you ready to start a recruitment company in the Netherlands? Call one of our experts now and we’ll show you the easy way!
Bolder Launch is an expert in business development in the Netherlands. We offer invaluable advice and guidance and provide you with a unique Business Toolkit to help you to understand the Dutch market, the relevant rules and regulations, as well as appropriate tax laws and legal practices.