This article provides an overview of the necessary steps to apply for the HMS Sponsorship status, at the Dutch IND. Bolder Launch has years of experience in obtaining sponsorship status, and we can assist national and international companies.
Please consider that you will need to provide at least get all the following documents:
- Application form
- Tax information about the number of employees
- Payroll details of current staff
- Kvk extract, with clear information from the Chamber of Commerce about the number of employees (please make sure the amount of staff members is updated at KvK); issued within 3 months.
- A detailed Business Plan (Market potential, Organisation, turnover forecast, liquidity forecast). Please refer to the RVO’s scoring system one by one; and ensure that Bolder Launch has more than 50 points. Please also describe why hiring non-European employees is crucial to the business of the company, such as emphasising that the company has lots of business with people from non-European countries. If possible, please support your argument with facts, numbers and pieces of evidence.
- Annual financial statement from the accountant
- Jaarrekeningen (door een onafhankelijk partij geverifieerd);
- Exploitatieprognoses (door een onafhankelijke partij geverifieerd);
- Liquiditeitsprognoses voor de komende twee jaar.
- A statement from a lawyer or an accountant stating that the company is in good standing; issued within 3 months.
- A declaration of payment behaviour (Verklaring betalingsgedrag nakoming fiscale verplichtingen) from the Tax and Customs Administration; issued within 3 months.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) from the Central Agency for Certificates of Good Conduct (COVOG) of the Justis [Justis, Ministry of Justice Agency for Scrutiny, Integrity and Screening]; issued within 3 months.
- Any other documents can help demonstrate the sustainability of Bolder Launch and the need for hiring non-European employees
The IND charges a one-off government fee for the application for recognition as a sponsor. To be eligible for a reduced IND government fee (€ 2,008 instead of € 4,017), it must be demonstrated that the company has less than 50 employees. The following proof can be provided:
- A collective wage sheet
- Tax data on the number of employees
For more information about applying for recognised sponsorship, contact our Bolder Launch Team.